Maggy

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New year, new gym

Well, the time has come (the walrus said)...

For me to start getting back in shape. I joined a new gym, Equinox, a few months ago and have had a spotty (to say the least) attendance record. Partly lazy, partly intimidated as it's much nicer than my old gym, and partly busy. But I can only make excuses for so long! And it turns out that my limit is buying new and larger clothes, which I do not want to do. Thus, to the gym.

Equinox is, well, different from what I'm used to. The best way I can describe it is as an executive gym. Suits walk in, sweat, then walk out. Warm towels, jazz playing in the locker rooms, salon quality products provided - even razors. The damn place somehow smells of lavender and eucalyptus. It goes without saying that most people there are pretty serious about their fitness.

Enter me. A clumsy redhead who does not have The Right Workout Clothes. Torn wife beater and exboyfriends boxers? Why not! Adding to that, my most recent discovery is that if I listen to my Hebrew lessons on the treadmill (yes, still doing that. Lesson 2, thanks for asking) the times goes faster. You have the picture now, I am sure. I trip. I fall off the treadmill. I mutter in Hebrew. And I sweat. Oh, lord, do I sweat.

Thank god I stopped caring what people think.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said…

    AS long as you walk out in a suit, it's all good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com