Maggy

Friday, October 19, 2007

Day in Brooklyn

I've been spending more time in Brooklyn lately, which may not seem like a big deal to some of you, but I have at one point gone over 4 months without ever leaving Manhattan. Brooklyn is far. However, I may be moving there soon and have been enjoying scoping out the neighborhoods. Some photos I took...






To start off, I enjoy old cars.





This is in Williamsburg, I can't remember what street, but I am going with Lorimer off the top of my head. There's so much interesting graffiti scattered around, but I haven't quite gotten the hang of not feeling like an idiot when taking pictures, so I just grabbed this one while no one was looking.



Gotta love Bedford Avenue - was walking on Bedford and North 7th, right near the L stop, which is what you think of when you think of what Williamsburg has become in the past 10 years. And I saw this, next to a stump.






There's a lot of new construction going on in Willimasburg, which is quite controversial in some circles. Here's a look at one of the new buildings going up. Kind of out of place, yes?
















This was taken in Washington Square Park a few weeks ago - it's interesting to compare the Brooklyn sights with Manhattan sights. Or interesting to me, at least.











I walked through a park (can't remember the name, must look it up later) and was pleasantly surprised to find a farmers market taking place. Not only that, Richie Stearns was playing - 200 miles from home, and Ithaca still follows me. It was awesome. I sampled some organic apple juice and listened to the music while pondering why there was a stuffed Muppet sitting at the organic milk stand.









The park.










And that concludes my tour of Brooklyn. For now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com