Maggy

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Pensive

So, there's something about being forced to stay immobile for most of the day that makes you think. I mean, I usually spend the weekends in bed by choice, but that leaves a lingering feeling of guilt. However, due to the aforementioned cab hitting, my right leg is encased in a weird velcro/steel bar contraption, and walking would be hard enough even if my apartment weren't a minefield of disasters waiting to trip up my crutches.

So. I'm lying in my bed trying to avoid my roommate with whom I am passive aggressively fighting. (How hard is it to avoid him while you're in bed, you ask? Harder than you'd think. I have to go to the bathroom sometimes.) I'm not thinking grand thoughts, mostly petty ones (one being- if I stole one of the keys off his keychain, he couldn't get in....)

Also, I want a parrot.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger David Makar said…

    A parrot eh? Wouldn't it also "want a parrot"...then you'd be in some kind of infinite parrot loop if wishes came true.

    get well.

    dave

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Endment said…

    Your words leave me wondering whether to laugh or cry...
    What a frustrating experience!
    I guess I can send sympathy (would you like a gray squirrel? - we have a lot of extra squirrels :)

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Maggy said…

    A gray squirrel would compliment the parrot nicely! (and then the possiblity of the endless parrot loop might be destroyed...) That is something I miss very much about living in the country- the squirrels and their ridiculous antics.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com