Maggy

Friday, March 10, 2006

Ambien in the news

I've following the latest articles about Ambien with interest. In the NYTimes and on Salon.com there have been articles regarding behavior while under the influence of Ambien.

I took Ambien for quite a while, and it remains a drug of interest to me. There's no question that some of my odder interactions with others occurred while under the influence of this drug. Any one of my friends from college can attest to that.

This was sometimes due to mixing the drug with alcohol, and sometimes due to not going directly to bed after taking it. But I have a tendency to sleepwalk, and Ambien did not curb that- it did, however, have some serious affects on my balance. Again, college roommates can attest to this. There were instances when I had used the drug properly, and still would get out of bed and go about my business as though awake- albeit with some rather strange behavior.

When I moved to NYC, I stopped taking it due to the fear that I would wander into the street in the middle of the night.

Though I miss sleeping, I do feel that was the right decision.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My name is Catherine Snow and i would like to show you my personal experience with Ambien.

    I have taken for 1 years. I am 57 years old. Works great if I take it on an empty stomach, and get right into bed. If you take it and try to keep yourself awake, you can override the pill and be up all night.

    Side Effects :
    None.

    I hope this information will be useful to others,
    Catherine Snow

     
  • At 2:55 AM, Anonymous ambien said…

    I've used ambien for a couple months, probably 2 out of 3 days, and it works great. It makes me able to fall asleep but doesn't knock me out. It prevents me from waking up repeatedly for no reason, but I can still wake for a phone call. I wake up in a shorter time feeling more refreshed than normal. I didn't do anything funky in my sleep either (no strange women or empty fridges so far).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com