Maggy

Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Ice Cream truck

I used to really despise the ice cream truck jingle. I don't like ice cream, as a rule, and it seemed to come around far too often. However, Marsha has introduced me to the wonder of the truck.

I heard it tonight. I decided to finally go get some. Aparently I waited a few seconds too long, because by the time I got a dress on and got to the street it was heading slowly down the block. I thought I could catch up with it. I picked up pace. So did the truck. I start jog/walking. The truck starts to really get going. The jingle is turned off. At this point, I decide looking dignified is a lost cause, so I wave my arms and say "Wait! Mr. Ice Cream man! WAIT!"

The truck ignores me. It turns down Riverside Drive. I decide the best course of action is to pretend that I'm NOT in fact following the ice cream truck, and just strolling along, following its path.

Alas, people have started to notice my quest for the truck. And heckling me. So I turn around, after about 5 blocks, and slink back to my apartment. At which point I realize, you can see directly into my bedroom window from the street.

I'll be buying a nightgown directly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

join my Notify List and get email when I update my site:
email:
Powered by NotifyList.com